The Sadler’s Sampled festival debuted last summer and was inspired by a weekend programme of the same name that has been an annual fixture at Sadler’s Wells since 2007. A unique event, the weekend programme has presented a diverse assortment of dance styles, from hip hop to flamenco, along with talks and activities throughout the building.
Tonight’s show, Playlist, the final weekend of the Sadler’s Sampled festival featured the following artists:-
- Jasmin Vardimon Company performing an extract from their repertoire entitled Rough Cut
- Argentinian tango from German & Gisela who are world champions and stars to Tango Fire and M!longa
- The National Youth Dance Company performing their latest work choreographed by Akram Khan
- acclaimed contemporary dancer Daniel Proietto dancing Sinnerman a work by Alan Lucien Øyen
- Birmingham Royal Ballet with a pas de deux from Don Quixote
- ZooNation Dance Company who will perform an extract from their new work
‘Playlist’ is a great showcase for diverse styles of dance and is a great way for people who are not regular theatregoers to get a great selection of the best that dance has to offer – and at a great price.